Wednesday, December 31, 2008

January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!! I can't believe that 2008 is already gone. It's been a good year for us, with DH finally getting to work in the ministry again, where he should always be. A good year for the girls, they loved moving to Rockwall and meeting all their new friends. A good year for the boy-another year of being spoiled rotten, and a drastic improvement in his breathing issues. And, a good year for me and crimson7, I started portfolio building, and 2009 will be the year I really give this thing a go.

My New Years Photo Resolutions:

Take more "everyday" shots of my family.

Actually print the shots I do take.

Work on getting good skintones, and learn to use custom WB.

Learn to use my flash effectively.

Have a successful newborn shoot.

Get a website up and running.

And not photography, but design related:

Master Adobe Illustrator and web design.

So, farewell to 2008, and "Cheers" to another wonderful year with all the fabulous people I've been blessed enough to have in my life this year.

The girls practicing "toasting" with sparkling cider:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

16 comments:

Sharon said...

Fun captures! Nice processing, I like the retro feel.

Vanessa said...

Love the processing on these!

Michelle said...

Their "toasting" is so sweet! My girls love sparkling drinks also. Happy New Year and good luck on the resolutions.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Great positive list. The girls look so sweet toasting each other.

Jamie said...

These are fun. Your resolutions are very similar to mine. Good luck!

Becky said...

Glad you had a happy 2008 and hope 2009 is even better for you! You do such cool processing!

Mandy said...

I always love love love your urban processing. You and Amanda have styles that are so much alike.

I cannot wait to see you succeed in all of your new years goals. I know you will be such a huge success, and its so special to watch it all unfold.

Becca said...

Sweet pics of your girls! Love the processing!

Amy said...

How cute! Looks like they were having fun. Happy New Year! :)

Linnao said...

First of all, I love your blogbanner, great colors and really fun! Love the pictures of your girls too, so sweet and beautiful!

Angela2932 said...

Such gorgeous conversions! Good luck on the resolutions. . . I'm right there with you on trying to understand flash, and skin tones. . . although I'm about 20 steps behind you in all of this!

cristina said...

hey jenn!
can't believe how big the girls look... time flies... "almost" all grown up...

have a great new year and many blessings to you and your family!

Yvette A said...

Nice I too love the processing on these.

janett said...

I could probably cut and paste most of your resolutions for myself! I also like your pp'ing!

Anonymous said...

I like the processing, very cute that you can see the painted fingernails holding the glasses. Very much little girls practicing to be grown ups!

Anonymous said...

Really like the 2nd shot :) And that 'aged' touch, LOVE it. I like doing that to my photos also!!